New X-ray and Metal Detection Innovations Offer Superior Product Inspection
Shanghai, China, July 16-18 2014 – Eagle Product Inspection (Eagle), a market leader and pioneer in x-ray and detection technology, continues its advance into the Asian market at ProPak China 2014 in Shanghai, July 16-18, Stand 5B31with further innovations. Showcased for the first time in Asia, is Eagle™ Tall PRO XSDV, a dual view x-ray system designed to detect and remove up to 50% smaller sized contaminants located in rigid and glass containers. In addition, the new Eagle™ H-Series Metal Detector was officially launched, focusing on detection of ferrous and non-ferrous contaminants and offering exceptional levels of sensitivity with exceptional stability. To meet the growing demand from consumers and retailers for consistency of product quality, these introductions safeguard consumers against contaminated or inferior product and, at the same time, enable manufacturers to grow their business through compliance with local and international food safety legislation, and retailer guidelines.
“As food safety and product protection remains a top priority for food manufacturers around the world, there is a pressing need for companies to ensure that the finished product leaving the factory is of the highest quality,” said Jeff Jia, Channel Manager, Eagle Product Inspection China. “Both showcased products at ProPak China this year provide assurance that products are free from contaminants.”
Jia further explained what these innovations mean to manufacturers, “The nature of the product and packaging, plus the type of potential threat from foreign bodies within the production process and factory environment will determine the most suitable product inspection system. At Eagle, we have decades of experience to select the best technology to guarantee food safety – now and for future product launches. Furthermore, our innovations will allow forward-thinking Chinese companies investing in globally recognized product inspection systems to compete with international manufacturers.”
Since launching its new Shanghai-based facility in China last year, Eagle is dedicated to developing solutions specifically tailored for the Chinese market. It is also focused on helping manufacturers capitalize on the current rapid growth in the packaging industry, improve their local and international competitiveness through comprehensive product inspection systems and also safeguard their consumers against poor quality products. As food safety remains a top priority for food manufacturers around the world, Eagle uses its long history of designing and supporting reliable product inspection solutions to address the pressing need for companies to adhere to international food regulations and guidelines; in particular, for those who are planning on global export and expansion.
Eagle’s Quality Assured Innovations – ProPak China 2014:
- Eagle™ H-Series Metal Detector
Playing a vital role in helping manufacturers achieve compliance with global safety standards, industry guidelines and legislation, the H-Series metal detector is designed to provide a reliable and consistently high performance, even in the harshest of environments. Using multiple, ultra high and tuned frequency combinations, the H-Series offers exceptional levels of detection sensitivity with exceptional stability and a robust construction. Extensively used in the food processing and packaging industry to safeguard consumers from the effects of contamination, metal detection solutions ensure product safety and manufacturing efficiency across a wide variety of wet and dry products in all formats – from packaged conveyorised products to loose, free-falling products.
- Full color intuitive operator touch screen with simple to navigate icon-driven menus, enhances usability and maximizes operator efficiency
- Superior Hygiene
- Ergonomically-designed outer case with stainless steel bead blast construction and IP69K sealing supports hygiene programs and cleaning regimes
- Added Due Diligence
- Built-in performance validation software indicates when scheduled testing is due, ensuring stable and reliable performance and regulatory compliance
- Flexible connectivity interfaces enable integration with external data collection devices and factory management systems, supporting decision making and due diligence needs. From full Ethernet network connectivity to wireless options
- Optimizing Productivity
- Robust protection against external sources of interference, such as noise and vibration, improve the stability and long term online performance of the system
- Continuous performance monitoring of detector components provides advanced warning of potential problems, avoiding emergency breakdowns and enabling planned maintenance routines to be scheduled
- Single pass auto set up so only one product pass is required to auto set sensitivity in fixed frequency mode, minimizing downtime
- Eagle™ Tall PRO XSDV
For food manufacturers looking to provide 100% inspection for contaminants in rigid containers such as cans, bottles, this slimline x-ray machine also provides simultaneous integrity checks on high speed lines – ideal for manufacturing facilities with limited space. Using high performance dual view x-ray technology, the Tall PRO XSDV’s dual side view detection coverage provides a sophisticated measure of inspection by analyzing and processing two images per container, thereby improving significantly the probability of detecting hard to find contaminants. This technology also meets the need of manufacturers investing in high quality product inspection systems to ensure full traceability in case of product recall.
- The system can process a wide range of container sizes and is capable of running multiple inspections at line rates in excess of 1000 PPM
- Dual view x-ray system delivers high performance inspection results capable of adjusting to variable line speeds
- System features include checkweighing, measure head space, verify component presence/absence and detect defects
- Superior Hygiene
- The system is available in IP65 and IP69K environmental ratings to suit any packaging plant environment
- Optimizing Productivity
- Overall line efficiency is maximized by reducing jams and returned product caused by defected packaging.
- CAT 3 safety system with status visualization and embedded self diagnostics
- All Eagle systems are network capable, allowing remote access by Eagle expert technicians to quickly diagnose and often correct issues without the need for on-site service
- Due Diligence
- Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) ready with Repository feature for cataloging rejects, statistics, and event logs
- TraceServer™ option transfers and manages critical inspection data on a PC or Network