Eagle x-ray inspection equipment is capable of detecting physical contaminants in a wide range of fresh, frozen and ambient ready meals.
Multiple raw ingredients in multiple processing steps introduce a wide range of contamination risks. Eagle x-ray systems provide exceptional detection of the following dense foreign bodies, irrespective of their size, shape or location, within a variety of products, including those with multiple sub-compartments:
- Glass shards (including glass contamination within glass containers)
- Metal fragments (including metal within foil and metalized film packaging)
- Mineral stone
- Some plastic and rubber compounds
- Calcified bone
In addition to ensuring meals are safe to eat, product inspection equipment is a highly-effective tool for ensuring perfect product presentation. Eagle x-ray inspection systems are capable of performing the following quality checks, either for entire ready meals or for individual compartments in ready meal trays.
Foil and metalized film packaging and changes in product temperature and moisture content have no effect on the sensitivity of foreign body detection and solutions are available to inspect frozen, chilled, canned and dried ready meals in a wide range of packaging types, such as:
- Tall rigid containers (including glass, metal and ceramic containers)
- Plastic containers
Investing in one of our x-ray systems can also help food manufacturers to achieve compliance with Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP)-based Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI)-recognised standards, such as:
- The British Retail Consortium’s (BRC) Global Standard for Food Safety
- International Food Standard (IFS)
- Safe Quality Food (SQF) 2000 Code
- The Foundation for Food Safety Certification(FSSC) 22000
All our x-ray systems fulfill international sanitary design guidelines and are easy to clean. Machines come with IP65 sealing as standard to cater for the majority of sanitary requirements, and IP69K as an option for equipment used in harsh wash down environments.