By ensuring the highest safety and quality of a wide range of infant feeding products, Eagle Product Inspection systems can reduce the risk of expensive product recalls, safeguard brand reputation and protect babies and children from potentially dangerous contaminants.
Investing in one of our x-ray machines can also help food manufacturers to achieve compliance with Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP)-based Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI)-recognised standards, such as:
- The British Retail Consortium’s (BRC) Global Standard for Food Safety
- International Food Standard (IFS)
- Safe Quality Food (SQF) 2000 Code
- The Foundation for Food Safety Certification(FSSC) 22000
Our x-ray inspection systems provide outstanding foreign object detection, irrespective of a contaminant’s size, shape or location, within a variety of applications, including tins of powdered baby milk, cartons of formula, pouches of fruit puree, yoghurts and glass jars of baby food.
Systems can detect:
- Glass shards (including glass contamination within glass containers)
- Metal fragments (including metal within foil and metalized film packaging)
- Mineral stone
- Some plastic and rubber compounds
- Calcified bone
As well as catching a wide range of physical contaminants, Eagle x-ray systems are quality control systems with the ability to simultaneously perform the following product integrity checks:
Furthermore, metal packaging has no effect on the sensitivity of contamination detection and solutions are available to inspect products in a wide range of packaging types, such as: