Pet food manufacturers face many obstacles in providing pet owners with a product that meets their high standards. It is critical that manufacturers install an inspection system in their production line to ensure contaminant-free pet food that is safe for all animals.
Eagle’s x-ray systems for pet food inspection can check packaged or unpackaged dry, semi-moist and wet pet food. The range of our capabilities include:
- Contaminant detection such as bone, glass, stone, and some rubber and plastic
- Metal fragment detection even in foil and metalized film packaging
- Weight check of packaged product in bags, cans, tubes, pouches or cartons
- Fill level verification at high line speeds
- Package integrity identification of dented or damaged cans
- Seal inspection to safeguard against potential food spoilage
See below an example of contaminant detection with Material Discrimination Technology MDX in bags of pet food.