The pharmaceutical industry is one of the most regulated industries in the world. Investing in Eagle’s x-ray inspection equipment ensures manufacturers are compliant with Good Manufacturing Practice which is enforced by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in the US and the European Medicines Agency (EMEA) in Europe. That’s why, for example, all of our x-ray systems are designed for easy cleaning and the contact parts are constructed using FDA-approved materials.
Eagle x-ray machines provide exceptional contaminant detection of foreign objects (glass, metals, mineral stones, plastics, calcified bone) regardless of their size, shape or location within a variety of applications from tablets, capsules and medical devices to powders and liquid medications.
Manufacturers worldwide depend on Eagle’s pharmaceutical x-ray inspection technology for some of the following applications:
- checking blister packs for many forms of anomalies, including broken or missing tablets
- counting needles, syringes or contact lenses in a box
- checking the correct position of the locking lever in an asthmatic inhaler
- confirming the inclusion of instruction leaflets within carton boxes
- ensuring liquid and powder sachets contain the correct dosage
See below an application of example of x-ray inspection of disposable syringe kits: